COVID 19 - Our position and opening hours
We hope you are all healthy and getting through this period as safely as possible.
We'd like to confirm to our customers that we are open 9am-5pm Mon-Friday. As a motor vehicle repairer, we are entitled to operate our business, provided that we maintain distancing and preventative measures to minimise the risks of spreading the COVID 19 disease.
We will only be taking on work of an essential nature, repairs and maintenance that maintains a vehicle in a safe and reliable running condition.
It should be noted that we have no way of knowing whether booked repairs and maintenance are essential until we have inspected the vehicle, so the journey to our workshop is entirely at the discretion of the customer.
We have minimised the risks of spread of the disease by adopting the following rules;
- We do not allow customers to wait for their vehicle to be repaired.
- Timed appointments are not accepted.
- We will accept the vehicle at the beginning of the day and confirm with the customer when the job is complete.
- Our staff will be wearing protective gloves and will wash their gloved hands frequently.
- All points of potential transmission hand-to-hand contact points will be regularly disinfected.
- Vehicle internal controls and door handles will be wiped down with disinfectant before and after we work on each vehicle.
- We will limit use of contact points to a minimum.
Please also note:
Parts supply is difficult, and ordering an receiving takes longer that one day. Customers will need to be patient, and where time is of the essence, we would decline such work.
We have limited staff availability due to maximising dinstancing and tranmission of the virus. Customers should accept that delays in completion of work are possible, although we continue to strive for accuracy in job duration estimates.
Thank you, and stay safe!
Kevin Bird and the Birds team.